Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sports in my life

I’m not sure what place sports have in my life. I remember playing soccer in a youth league when I was like 5, in Minnesota. Back then, I used to be a fan. I use to know all the names of the members of the Minnesota Vikings. But that all changed. Soon after I came to Chicago, I played baseball with my dad every so often. I also paid attention to the Chicago teams, going to games for the Sox and Bulls and Bears when I could. But even being a fan got old. I stopped paying attention to the scores and games. First went baseball, and then went basketball. The last one for me to lose a grip on was football. Today I can still watch a couple minutes of football games, but never an entire thing. Not anymore. The World Cup rolled around this year, and that was a breath of fresh air. I had fun watching the games online, and actually watched the entire 3 hour long games anytime I was awake enough to. At least, those for South Korea. And North Korea too, but that was because it was just funny to watch.
So it looks like sports has lost its place in my life. It just happens as one grows older and changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment