Thursday, January 6, 2011

I am a shoe

Oh god, what happened? Why am I a shoe? Maybe this is a dream. A dream with all those fancy hidden meanings, depending on my situation. Am I worn or sitting in a box? Do I have laces, velcros or are they just nice slip ons? There are so many different types of shoes. Are we supposed to compare ourselves to a type of shoe and see how we relate parts of ourselves to different features?
That's some bs.

One could use anything for any shoe.
I can be a sandal as a symbol of my openness to everything that comes my way, from the breeze that blow across my toes, that symbolize the stages of my life. The breezes are opportunities throughout my life, as well as impediments, seen as leaves and rocks and etc. While I get to experience, many more things, I am also open to pain.
That's some quality bs there.

Maybe I'm a hiking boot?
Rugged, trampling over any obstacles in life. Cold, emotionless, as the weather has no effect. The rough leathery exterior represents the rough outer shell, but inside, like any other shoe, is a warm foot. Inside any shoe is a sole, and inside any body, is a soul.
Boom. Did you just see that? That's right, that's some more high-grade bs right there.

Maybe just some simple sneakers.
Fitting, normal, with little bits of color and flair to the regular colors of white, and gray to differentiate from the other masses. Useful for a variety of things, sneakers are a necessity in this fast-paced life. We are able to move quickly through the urban landscape that forces us to continuously be busy with something.

So what was the point of all this?
This blog entry topic is pretty silly.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that this was a goofy topic, but man. You dropped some real knowledge here. You being open to the elements, good and bad, like a summer sandal? Soles versus souls??? Man. Speak it, brother.

    ReplyDelete